Tuesday, May 29, 2007

New Card & More!

It was a nice long 2 day weekend however, it went by way toooo fast! I'm still dealing with being sick - I think it's a chest cold, but it's getting better every day! I didn't work out Saturday and Sunday I spent the day at work but Monday I split the difference did elyptical for 1 mile and walked another 3 plus my weights. Today I ran the whole 3.4 and did weights! Anyway, on to more important stuff!

My DH asked me to make him a gift card holder for his Dad's Father's Day card (first year he's ever beaten me to getting a gift for our Dads!) so I "cased" an idea from another website and I think it turned out great! I'm happy with the colors but my DH's first reaction was "are those manly colors?"! LOL! Men wear pink don't they?! Besides my in-laws are great at re-using things so I did it with that idea in mind! My Father-in-law also has beautiful flower beds around his house so I did flowers for him instead of "manly" things! LOL! Here's the pictures;

Outside;


I used Yo-yo yello, Tempting Turquiose and Green Galore cardstock and the Stampin Up stamp set called - "Take Three"! I did the coloring with markers by the same name color as the cardstock! Type A people have to love how SU totally coordinates their colors of everything! I do! LOL! I almost forgot - I also used the "ticket punch" for the corners and the "word window punch" for the slot to stick the gift card in"! If you don't have these punches yet let me know - they're totally worth the investment!

Inside;

No comments: