Thursday, October 18, 2007

Nice To Be Appreciated!

In our school system this week is "Custodian Appreciation Week". It's great to have time dedicated to appreciate those people who don't get what they deserve for all that they do! I know ours at my school (like it's MY school ;0) )! They really work hard and tend to get some grief at times! Anyway, I volunteered there and at Breanna's school to make cards of appreciation. Here they are, one actually fills a challenge so I'll be posting it again on the SCS site later! I hope you like my cards!

I love the colors blue and brown together! I used Chocolate chip, sky blue and natural cardstock. My stamp comes from the Office Accoutrements set and the words are part of the "In Appreciation" set. Don't you love the ribbon trick in the center of the flower too? That is the neatest trick I picked up on another person's blog! If you want to know how to do it just email me!



This card is one of my favorites as I just love that little flower! Believe it or not it is the scallop punch with the 1' punch circle for the center. I glued the circle to the scallop and then snipped the indentions up to the circle and Voila! Flower! I used close to cocoa, pink passion, natural card stock, the paper is our Old Olive designer paper that you can get in lots of different colors too. Itty Bitty background stamps and the In Appreciation stamps. I also used the ticket corner punch, my wonderful mat pack and the small horizontal punch where I threaded the old olive ribbon!



This card is the one that fulfills the requirements for a challenge. I made the regular card and then cut 1" of cardstock off the front, put the Halloween designer paper on there, made my rectangle to hang over and there we go! I used black, river rock cardstock and the Halloween designer paper that is double sided. The stamps are from "Carved and Candlelit", and my words were cut out with the big window punch!



I have a confession on this card...... I used a paper that I bought a while back that isn't SU! Okay, I'm not a purist but 98% of me is! LOL! I did use SU's real red and brilliant blue cardstock, my wonderful mat pack, and the corners I hand cut but SU has a punch I am seriously deliberating over that can do the same much easier!



I hope you like my cards - let me know which one YOU like best!