Thursday, December 20, 2007

Fast Gift

Do you ever need a fast gift, maybe just a little something to give someone?! How about a large Hershey bar made into a "card"! I can't remember where I learned this but I have used it so many times and the recipients just love it! If you're lucky, these larger Hershey bars cost $1 each or 10 for $10 at the local grocery store or drugstore (here in Va I find them at CVS)! So here's a list of what I used to create mine;

1- large candy bar
1- scrap of paper that measures 6.75" x 8"
1- scrap of paper that measures 5" x 8"
Any embellishments to suit your gift giving purposes

I usually leave the original wrapper on the bars but take the larger scrap and wrap it around the chocolate bar and tape! Next take the smaller piece and wrap it around the middle - here you could layer as many pieces as you want too! Next just embellish! Easy as that! Below are a few pictures of the ones I made recently

Enjoy;

My daughter gave this to a friend for a birthday card. I used my Cuttlebug for the letters and if you look closely I stamped "Happy Birthday" in Versamark for the greeting!



Here's a batch my husband took to work today to give his co-workers. He gives something chocolate every year. I used Stampin Up's gift wrap (another neat option!) and 2 old SU sets for the images. My DH is a Chief in the Air Force so the Indian Chief was perfect for his! I also used words stamped in Versamark for the greeting again!



Here's a close up of one from above;



Just think of all the people you could give one of these to now! Enjoy!

No comments: