Saturday, May 26, 2007

Pocket Cards

Well, I woke up sick this morning - not a good thing since I have so much that I need to get done today! I have my fingers crossed that this Excendrin Sinus stuff (and coffee) works! So no Mizuno movement today! LOL! Instead I am posting pictures of some really cute cards I made this week! I have seen these pocket cards on the Split Coast Stampers website and they are so cute! I love their versatility! I made a couple of different styles;



I made this one for my secret sister from the Split Coast Stampers site! She said she loved chocolate so I tried to figure out a way to get some chocolate to her that wouldn't melt this time of year! I knew I had it when I thought "Starbucks card + SU Chocolate paper = perfect gift! I love the chocolate paper combined with the pink and the designer paper "Au Chocolat" too! I hope she likes it! Oh and I made the pocket 1/4" bigger to accomodate the thickness of the Starbucks card too ;)!



I made 3 of this one! Last week was bosses week but, for us at school, it was also testing week for the State designated tests. Well time was not of their own, so we decided to wait until next week to give them our gift from the office. We're giving them a sit down, catered lunch since most days they don't have time to sit or eat even! I made these pocket cards as invitations to the event! I did use a couple of Stampin Up things;)! The ribbon is the sheer organza ribbon from SU and the word stamp is an old retired one from SU, the swirls are actually from "I Like it a Latte" stamp set, still available! I think they're supposed to be mists from the coffee cups in that set but, I use them for lots of other things like this!. The rest of the paper and stamps are from Michael's craft store! I've seen the face stamp lots of different places though! I really like it so I use it a lot! I think they look kind of French with the swirls and I especially like the red and black combo!

Well that's it for today! I might still get to do a work out but we'll call this one "retail therapy"! It's been a rough week and I deserve to celebrate my promotion with a shopping bag of goodies or two - don't I?! LOL! See you later!

No comments: