Sunday, September 23, 2007

Holy Triptych Cards

Hello, I had time to stamp some cards with a friend today! I was so excited to do these since they are ones I have been wanting to do for a while! I was lucky my friend was willing to come over and be my "guinea pig"! It was great to be with her again as she left our school and moved to another one so I don't get to see her as much!

The first technique we did was one I found online at another ladie's blog and she called it "stained glass window" technique! So pretty yet so easy! You simply emboss your design on vellum paper (we used silver embossing powder) and then flip the vellum over and color in the background with colored pencils or markers! We did the colored pencils and the effect was a lot softer then the markers! Beth did the Holy Family and I did the Angel - notice her angel had blonde hair like her and mine had dark hair like me!! LOL! I think we were trying to make a statement! LOL! Hers is probably more true then mine!


Beth's


Michelle's- sorry about the shine!


The next techniques we used was watercoloring with Stampin Up's ink pads and the aqua painters and their watercolor paper. She (Beth) did the Angel and I did the Holy Family

Michelle's


Beth's

1 comment:

Debby Winters said...

These are so beautiful! I so want to get this set! Great job you guys!