Monday, September 17, 2007

Home Again!

We're home! YEAH! We had a blast at the marathon and really enjoyed something else we don't get much of - time alone! Here are a few pictures of the weekend.

This is the "Nutter Center" where we picked up our race packets. They had our bib number, literature, a patch, my tee shirt and some other little things in it.



Last year my husband ran the marathon just 2 minutes over his goal time of 4 hours. Well I thought I'd help him in his training - it's the least I could do anyway! Here is a picture of us preparing for our big day! LOL! Notice no signs of force to make him hold that spoon! LOL!



Here we are freeeeezing in the early morning just before the full marathon runners took off! It was a gorgeous day - you can see how beautiful it started off as with the sunrise just behind us!



Here I am back in the room 13.1 miles later! I was thrilled to be wearing that medal as it is proof I achieved my big goal - finishing! I even beat another lady who came with us that is experienced in running marathons so that made me feel really good too!



We did pretty good, if I must say so myself, in finishing our runs! I finished my 13.1 miles in 2 hours 27 minutes (not my official chip time as I'm still waiting for that) and Brian finished his 26.2 miles in 3 hours 42 minutes!

Now off to my next challenge........

No comments: