Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Covered Notebooks

I have seen lots of covered notebooks, most with the spiral binding on them! I couldn't figure out how they got the paper in between the spirals and for it to look so good! Well, this is a "duh moment" here but, thanks to my awesome "upline" Nancy, I "got it" now! I made a covered notebook to give to a friend of mine. I practiced my watercolors, okay I tried watercoloring for the first time! LOVED IT! I used the SU watercolor pens and they are SOOO easy to use! I also used some SU "Dazzling Diamonds" in the center of the flower! Take a look!

Here are 3 of them in their different phases - 1- as I purchased it, 2 - with the cover "removed", and 3 - then all done!



Here is a close up of the final notebook! I used some pretty paper from Michael's, and two different stamp sets. The flower and bee are from a retiring set called "In Full Bloom" and "Heartfelt Thanks" for the word.



I love how the notebook turned out and will probably have a class on it soon! The neat punch I used also came from SU. The punch, along with the "In Full Bloom" stamp set are part of a retiring list of items of Stampin Up - if you're interested don't hesitate to call me to order it - soon!

No comments: