Sunday, February 24, 2008

Desert Friendly Photo Album

I was E-chatting with my brother and he was telling me how sand gets into everything over in the desert! He's been in Iraq for 3 months now and I thought maybe he could use a little cheering up! I took an Altoid tin, this was before my goof up order on Papertrey - totally my fault for being a little too quick on the "oh what the hell button" on my mouse! I wanted a different tin but those worked out to my advantage anywhooo, I primed this one too so it wouldn't be shiny for him to have out there too! I made it into a photo album of pictures of our family! I thought this will either cheer him up or maybe, make him happy he's so far away from such a goofy bunch of people! Well, everyone but me of course! LOL! I finished it tonight so take a look at it and tell me what you think! I don't think sand will get into this one!

Here's the outside! I used Modge Podge to adhere it to the tin



I put a picture of his wife and kids on the inside and the rest of the pictures are on an accordian folded piece of cardstock (close to cocoa from SU!) The "Our Family" stamp is an old one I got a couple of years ago from 7Gypsies.



First side of photo album;



Second side of photo album;



My only regret on this is that I didn't have a picture of my oldest brother and his kids in there too! He wasn't able to make it for Thanksgiving this year. I will have to add to it later when I get a good one of him!

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea!!

Aimee said...

This is such a cute album...